UC-Santa-BarbaraStudent-Engagement-Leadership-Navy-RGB (1)

IMG_5560Resource Center

The Office of Student Life’s Resource Center is located on the first floor of the Student Resource Building (RM 1104) and is an open space for all students and campus organizations to study, create posters, rent tabling materials, or ask our wonderful intern team campus-related questions.

What can I rent as a Registered Campus Organization (RCO)?

Our office has markers, paint and butcher paper available for Registered Campus Organizations looking to make posters for fundraisers or upcoming campus-related events. In addition, our office rents out several tables, chairs, a portable dance floor and two cash boxes for campus organizations looking to table, fundraise, practice or other. Swing by the Student Resource Building RM 1104 if you would like to rent any of these items from us!

What can an intern help me with? 

All campus organizations are assigned to a specific intern within our office, but students may drop into any of our Resource Center’s working business hours to ask questions about campus involvement, upcoming events, or how to register a campus organization. Some things an intern can assist with:

·         Renewal registration process for campus organizations 

·         Marketing advice and clarification of posting regulations

·         Assistance with how to reserve venues on campus

·         Finding funding on- and off-campus  

·         Instructions on how to submit OSL accounting requests & deposits 

·         Navigating and making the most of Shoreline

·         Advising with how to plan events, including how to create an event on Shoreline, complete the Event 360 paperwork, and prepare presentations for the Minor Events Committee

·         For all other matters assisting with a referral to an OSL University Advisor