Welcome to the Office of Student Life (OSL) online! OSL administers Campus Organizations, Fraternities & Sororities, and Leadership Development, as well as several special activities initiatives including After Dark, CommUnity Grants, and Student-Initiated Outreach Programming. OSL is part of the Student Life Suite in Student Affairs. We welcome you to our site and encourage you to get to know us and our partners... We are here to serve you!
- Getting Involved in Campus Organizations
- Registering a NEW Campus Organization
- Organization Update: Re-registering an EXISTING Campus Organization
Coming Soon: Log In to OrgSync with UCSB Net ID
In the coming days, you will be prompted to log in to OrgSync using your UCSB Net ID and password (instead of the username and password you created when you signed up on OrgSync).
If you provided your UCSB Net ID in your OrgSync profile (when you signed up for OrgSync or when you were prompted to update your profile), your existing OrgSync account will be connected to your UCSB Net ID. All you'll need to do to continue using OrgSync is log in with your Net ID.
If you did not provide your UCSB Net ID (or if, for whatever reason, you find that your UCSB Net ID is not linked to your existing OrgSync account), follow these instructions to link your accounts:
1. Log in to OrgSync using your UCSB Net ID and password.
2. In the top-right corner, select Manage Account from the Settings (gear) menu.
3. Just below the Settings menu, select the "Import From Another Account" link.
4. Enter the username and password that you used to use to log in to OrgSync and click Update.
5. Your previous profile information will be merged into your new profile linked to your UCSB Net ID and password.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Campus Orgs Registration Forms
2013-14 Campus Orgs Re-Registration
Step 1 – Update Organization Profile
You will now see a blue box at the top of your organization’s OrgSync that says “A community administrator has requested that you update your organization’s profile.” Click the link to update your organization’s profile.
The profile is pre-filled with all of the information from your previous registration (including the constitution). Please take this opportunity to update your organization’s information, especially:
- the organization’s Constitution, if there are any changes,
- the names and contact information of all officers and the advisor, and
- the Signatory Form (download and complete hardcopy by October 4)
Please review the Campus Orgs policies on the last page carefully before submitting your renewal request.
Step 2 – Pass Down Organization/OrgSync Access
After you have submitted the update, be sure to go to the People module in your organization and give administrator or officer access to the new officers!
- If the new officer is already registered on OrgSync and a member of your organization, click “Options” next to the member and upgrade their Account Group.
- If the new officer is not yet registered on OrgSync, click “Invite Members” to send a personalized invitation.
Step 3 – Submit Signatory Form & Registration Fee
The Signatory Form is available here. The priority registration fee is $25. Registration fees are payable by cash, personal check (to 'UC Regents'), or organization requisition. Organizations that do not complete all steps of the registration process by October 4, 2013 must pay the standard registration fee of $40.
Step 4 – Attend Campus Orgs Orientation
Send at least one organization officer to a Campus Orgs Orientation session. These sessions combine the basics of administering a registered campus organization at UCSB with an overview of our organization management website, OrgSync.
- Friday, November 8, 10:00 - 11:00 am
- Thursdays, November 7 & 14, 7:00 - 8:00pm All meetings will be in the SRB, 2nd floor, room 2293
Step 5 – Attend the Student Leader Retreat
(Required for Priority Registration of October 4)
Saturday, 9/28, 8:00am-4:30pm*
*Includes Campus Orgs Orientation from 3:00pm to 4:30pm.