Welcome to the Office of Student Life (OSL) online! OSL administers Campus Organizations, Fraternities & Sororities, and Leadership Development, as well as several special activities initiatives including After Dark, CommUnity Grants, and Student-Initiated Outreach Programming. OSL is part of the Student Life Suite in Student Affairs. We welcome you to our site and encourage you to get to know us and our partners... We are here to serve you!
Campus Orgs Registration Forms
- Download Constitution Template
- Note: Hardcopy signatory forms will not be required in 2015-16. The digital signatory form will be made available late Summer 2015.
2015-16 Campus Orgs Re-Registration
STEPS 1 AND 2 ONLY ARE REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY. ADDITIONAL STEPS CAN BE COMPLETED BEGINNING MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2015. (PRIORITY REGISTRATION PERIOD ENDS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2015.)
Step 1 – Update Organization Profile
You will now see a blue box at the top of your organization’s OrgSync that says “A community administrator has requested that you update your organization’s profile.” Click the link to update your organization’s profile.
The profile is pre-filled with all of the information from your previous registration (including the constitution). Please take this opportunity to update your organization’s information, especially:
- the organization’s Constitution, if there are any changes,
- the names and contact information of all officers (you may now list up to 10!) and the advisor, and
Please review the Campus Orgs policies on the last page carefully before submitting your renewal request.
Step 2 – Pass Down Organization/OrgSync Access
After you have submitted the update, be sure to go to the People module in your organization and give administrator or officer access to the new officers!
- If the new officer is already registered on OrgSync and a member of your organization, click “Options” next to the member and upgrade their Account Group.
- If the new officer is not yet registered on OrgSync, click “Invite Members” to send a personalized invitation. Use the officer's U-Mail address to send the invitation so that it is linked to their UCSB Net ID! Use the UCSB Student Directory to look up a student's U-Mail address.
THE FOLLOWING STEPS CAN BE COMPLETED BEGINNING MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2015. (PRIORITY REGISTRATION PERIOD ENDS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2015.)
Step 3 – Submit Digital Signatory Form
The digital signatory form will be made available late Summer 2015. The form is required to register/re-register an organization or when there are changes to organization officers.
Step 4 - Pay Registration Fee
Priority registration is $25 (between Monday, September 28 and Friday, October 9, 2015). Standard registration is $40 (on or after October 12, 2015). Accepted forms of payment are cash, check (payable to UC Regents), or OSL account requisition.
Step 5 – Attend Campus Orgs Orientation
Send at least one organization officer to a Campus Orgs orientation session (schedule TBA). These sessions combine the basics of administering a registered campus organization at UCSB with an overview of our organization management website, OrgSync. It is highly recommended that multiple officers attend this session to become familiar with updated policies and procedures.
Step 6 - Attend the Student Leadership Retreat
(Required for Priority Registration)
Saturday, October 10, Details TBA
At least one person required per organization. One person can represent up to two organizations.