Late Night Social Funding
After Dark is a late night social funding source for registered campus organization funded by student initiative fees to the Office of Student Life. Campus organizations are encouraged to host fun events on the weekends as an alternative to the Isla Vista social party scene.
As part of the University’s continued efforts to involve students in alcohol-free and non-alcohol-centered activities and events, the Office of Student Life’s After Dark Late Night Social Programming Fund. The After Dark Late Night Social Program Fund allocates funding to registered campus organizations for student-initiated, alcohol-free, and non-alcohol centered social events and activities.
To be considered for funding, events must be:
- Hosted by a registered campus organization with the Office of Student Life or Associated Students entity
- Held in a public venue on campus or in Isla Vista
- Social, recreational, or entertainment based
- Scheduled for a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday
- Scheduled to begin in the late night hours (preferably after 8:00 p.m.)
- Open to the entire UCSB student population
- Alcohol-free or non-alcohol centered
- After Dark must be acknowledged as a co-sponsor on all publicity and promotional material
- Applications must be submitted concurrently with the completion of the 360º Event Planning Guide
- Awards are intended to supplement funds obtained from other campus funding sources
- Awards are designed to defray partial – not full – costs of the event
- Award amounts vary and will not exceed to $1000
- Funding will not be granted to purchase equipment, costumes, food, refreshments, or prizes.
- Campus organizations are eligible for awards once per quarter
- A copy of an overall event budget is required as part of the application process
- A representative from the organization must be available to meet with the After Dark Advisory Committee to present and clarify their proposal as well as answer questions the committee may have *Meeting dates/times vary each quarter*
- Unused funds will be returned annually to the general After Dark Late Night Social Programming Funds account
How to Apply
Step 1: Submit a 360º Event Planning Guide.
Step 2: Submit an After Dark Funding Application.
Step 3: Send an organization representative to a Minor Events Committee meeting (held weekly on Wednesdays, 12 noon – 1:00 p.m., OSL Conference Room, SRB 2293) to secure event authorization and approval.
Step 4: Send an organization representative to an After Dark Advisory Committee meeting to present your event and formally request funding. No appointment necessary. The committee does not meet during week 10 or finals.
E-mail Office of Student Life Advisors firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.